Halloween was super fun and we kind of celebrated all week long! I have a lot of pictures from each event (well except carving pumpkins and our cute craft projects) so I've had to narrow it down quite a bit but I'm afraid it still might seem like a lot once I get these all posted. Its all for memory's sake, right? =) We had a good time and that's what it mostly tells I guess. Wednesday night was a combined ward Trunk or Treat and there were lots of cars so the kids got lots of candy! Spencer wasn't working that night so it was a real treat for us to have him with us!
Adelaide dressed up as Belle from Beauty and the Beast (Belle in the red dress, not the yellow) and just couldn't wait to put her costume on. Once it was time to get ready she was so happy. Then she thought she was done and came out where I was and I told her she should put on her lip gloss. She actually kind of gasped and her eyes got huge and excited then she turned around and sprinted back to her room. I'm sure I've never told her that before. Usually its something along the lines of how excessive she is applying it and that I should hold it in my pocket for a while so she doesn't accidentally run out of it.
Gorden has known for quite some time now that he wanted to go dressed as Harry Potter. He loves Harry Potter! We ordered him a pair of glasses with no prescription and he thinks they're awesome. He wears them every day after school and on weekends. They are so cute on him! Last year I made Obi Wan Kenobi's cloak and it turned out great so this year I made Harry Potter's robe. I was a little intimidated because we thought it needed to be lined in dark red satin, but it wasn't hard to do and we really like the way it turned out.
The most impressive part of Gorden's costume was the wand Spencer carved for him. Its seriously amazing. I'll post a couple pictures of it so maybe you can see some of the detail. It has four snake heads, alternating in height and eye color, with their bodies wrapping around the wand and intertwining with each other. I don't have a good picture at all of the bottom of it. He carved talon claws and they look awesome. I should have taken pictures along the way because he started with just a regular stick that he got out of a tree in the yard. It was fun to see the progress he made every day as he worked on it here and there. Gorden loves it and plays with it all the time!
Spencer dressed up as the picture of James Potter, Harry's deceased dad. He was all gray, just like the black and white photo on the movie. His hair was pretty gray but you can't tell in these pictures. We all thought his costume was clever and original and turned out great. He just so happens to have a real pair of glasses that are shaped just like Harry Potter's glasses so it was perfect! It was fun for him to not tell people who he was and see if they could figure it out. It seemed to take people quite a long while or they knew it instantly.
My costume is self explanatory. It was fun and yes I made it. My friend helped and we freehanded it all from scratch.
11 comments:
oh yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had no idea you were expecting!!!!!!!!!!! :) Congrats!!!
p.s. next time i'm pregnant i might have to steal your costume idea. ;)
I LOVE the costumes! Very creative on yours Kelly--I might have to steal that idea sometime. And wow to Gorden's! That is incredible. I can't believe Spencer made that wand too, very impressive.
Yay!!! Are the kids so excited to have another sibling?! Funny, but I got my costume idea from the same thing. But since I was lacking energy and didn't want to do the whole freezer paper/paint thing, I just did a paper plate. Lame, I know :) I loved all the costumes. Those round glasses suit your men nicely :)
OK, I don't check blogs for a few days and you have the motherload of posts! :) Congrats on the little skeleton!!! Gorden's wand looks amazing!
You guys look AMAZING! So impressed! And congrats on being pregnant!! I didn't even know!
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! first off CONGRATS, i had no idea (did i?) i'm a flake!
but i'm so happy for you! love your costume idea, that's so awesome!!
your kids look awesome, so cute in their costumes and Spencer is a dead ringer for Harry's dad! :)
love it! So happy you guys have been having a fun holiday season!
i had no idea you were pregnant!!! awesome!
Baby baby baby! Hooray!!! When are you due? You look so cute pregnant! Oh yeah, I love the rest of the fam's costumes too :)
Hey Congrats! I came across your blog via someone else's. Love the costume and can't believe how big your kids are getting!
Sweet! And congrats on number 3!
Hi Kelly!
I absolutely love that costume! How genius! Hope your family had a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment