Monday, August 2, 2010

Lifelong Friends

One of the things we have been most blessed with is good friends. We have met such wonderful people in all the places we have lived and have priceless memories with so many of them. Leaving our friends is what makes moving the hardest. It is heartbreaking to say goodbye and move on, knowing that you'll never forget each other, but it won't be the same. We are fortunate to be able to pick up the phone and call anyone at anytime (well time zones is an issue) and can talk like nothing has changed. We hang up every time smiling huge and with tears in our eyes remembering why these people are so great and why we love them and miss them so much.

A few months ago all the guys that Spencer grew up with had occasion to get together because their old Scout leader was receiving a great award. I will post about that later because we have some great pictures, but they're on a different computer. So that night they reminisced about the good ol' days and ended up planning a campout for the near future. They probably didn't take any pictures but had a blast laughing and talking into the wee hours of the night. Spencer's best childhood friend Tristan married one of my now favorite people so since he was coming into town to camp she and her kids stayed the night here with me and my kids! A couple of the other wives came for a few hours and its always fun to see each other and our kids all love each other! I wish I had taken more pictures that evening but here are a couple.


Zella Myers & Adelaide


Ethan Bisbee & Gorden

We sure wish we could see all of our friends more often. Its amazing to think about where everybody is nowadays. We know people in almost every state and in several countries. I wish I was able to keep in better touch with everyone. When we first move every time, its so hard to call anyone because I can never think about calling without crying, so then I just wait a little longer, and pretty soon I'm sure people are feeling lost and forgotten. We do care about saving friendships and keeping up though! Mostly we feel so fortunate to have been blessed to know so many wonderful people. Each of you have left a great mark on our hearts. One day we'll meet again!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I consider you a lifelong friend Kelly and I really miss you! Hopefully someday we'll all be able to meet up somewhere:)

Katy said...

I'm really behind on blogs, but i just wanted to pop in and say hello!

looks like your summer has been fun and Sticky (at least we're still trying to clean up after a popsicle-filled summer!)

aw... lifelong friends like that are priceless... your kids are really cute with their buddies! (ps. Gorden and Adelaide are getting sooo big!!!!)