First day of school. Notice Adelaide in the background floor helping herself to the books.
We're well into the swing of Kindergarten and finally the internet is working again so I can blog about it! Gorden Loves it. He likes going and has lots of friends and is excited about the things he is learning. I am so glad! He does complain sometimes, "School is sooo LONG." He is so tired everyday! The first day he didn't seem too nervous, except he did cry when he woke up, saying he was going to miss me so much. Then he ended up getting ready and was very excited and on the way there in the car he even told me that I didn't have to go in with him. He could do it. I told him I would really like to go in that day if it would be okay with him. He guessed it would. (Thank goodness!) (Also, I think it was the 7th day of school before he went in alone. Every day I walked him in. He didn't cry when I had to leave, but he did want me to get him there.) I did take several pictures, a few on the front porch at home and then another by the car when we got to the school, and when we got to the school door I asked him to stop and turn around and I took another one. Then he told me, "Mom that was the last picture."
His best friend is Sean and I do think Sean is the sweetest kid in his class. Very cool, super nice, a good boy. Gorden and Sean play soccer together at recess and since school started on a Thursday this year, the weekend came quick. Gorden was so serious and told me that we have to practice soccer at home, because Sean and the other boys are going to practice and he needs to practice. This is important stuff. Everyday when Gorden gets to his classroom, puts his lunch box where it goes and hangs up his backpack then gets to his seat, within seconds Sean is right there at Gorden's table saying, "Hi Gorden!" then turns around and walks back to his table. So cute and thoughtful.
His teacher, Miss Thompson (Gorden called her Miss Tompkins for like about the first week)
He has lots of friends. Everyday for a while he would name them all and keep count. It was a big deal. Just the other day he said to me, "Mom I am so glad we moved here because I have SO MANY FRIENDS now!" Every night he has these vivid dreams, full of action and adventure, and always has his cousins Greg and Scott in it, and several of his new school friends. He tells me about his dreams every single day. Yesterday I went in to wake him up for school, about 7:10ish and I couldn't get him to wake up. I tried for a little while longer and then he stirred for a second and said, Mom I just want to stay here. So I just went back to my bed. Adelaide is sick and so I figured he didn't feel good. I didn't want to ask a bunch of questions because once he gets woken up he can't get back to sleep and I know he was so tired so I totally don't care if he just catches up on sleep. Maybe that's bad, but its just kindergarten, and if he is borderline sick he definitely needs his rest! =) So then at 7:40 he came into my room and was totally awake. I followed him back to his and he was talking nonstop as he took off his pajamas. I interrupted him and asked if he felt okay, if he was tired, why don't you just get back in your bed?, you said you wanted to stay here, etc. and he said, "I just wanted to finish my dream." Great. So then we kicked it in to high gear and somehow got out the door in 12 minutes and actually got to school on time!
Gorden asked Adelaide to carry his rest mat for him on the first day. She was more than happy to help. She did want her picture made too though. She wanted to stay at the school so bad.
He was pretty nervous about school all summer long and we didn't talk about it a whole lot. I cried the whole entire summer just thinking about sending him off to school. I was a wreck. When the time came, still a wreck! I'm doing better now and don't cry ALL the time, but I really miss him in the day. So does Adelaide! Its sad really. She follows me around a lot and wants to do everything I do, even shower, which is fine, but I just feel bad for her because her buddy is gone. We have been trying to get together with friends more and we paint her nails A LOT. I think its cute how big of a deal that is to her. I try to play toys with her but sometimes she doesn't want me there because I think it embarrasses her that I can hear what her dolls/ponies/princesses are saying to each other. She says she doesn't like me to watch. If I just start combing her ponies' hair then she may just keep going about what she's doing but I definitely can't just sit in the same room with her and read a book or do nothing.
The biggest change I've noticed in Gorden is he talks nonstop. I kind of can't believe it. He really is always telling me about everything. I love it but its definitely a change. I'm glad he feels like he can tell us everything. I have also seen some real signs of maturity and he's told me about some situations where I can see that he recognizes good and bad and chooses the good. We always pray to have the Holy Ghost with us to help us make the right decisions, etc. and I know Gorden is recognizing that in his life.
One more cute thing then I will be done. This post is way longer than I anticipated. So yesterday I was on the computer for a second and Gorden came in and started saying the pledge of allegiance, kind of to himself. This is how it goes:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
And to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God....
indivisible, with...... (I whispered "Liberty") Liberty,
and .... justice for all. Thank you.Please go back to your seats...I think that's how it goes!"
I tried not to laugh out loud but he totally thinks that "Thank you. Please go back to your seats." is part of the pledge of allegiance! Oh, so funny.
11 comments:
I can't believe how big they are. And Gorden in kindergarten? That is crazy. Ava started prek and Mimi is so sad during the day. I so wish we lived closer. I hope everything is going good for you! Love you!!!
Oh my gosh!!! Little Gorden in Kindergarten! I can't believe it! That is crazy! and Miss Adelaide is so grown up. With LONG hair! we miss you guys! Glad to hear you are doing well.
oh that is so cute about the pledge. I can't believe gorden is already in kindergarten even though I already have a first grader. where did our babies go? I'm glad he likes it and has fun. how is adelaide doing with him gone? she is just adorable btw.
That is he sweetest post I've ever read! You'll be glad that you hAve that written down for the future It neat to see how much they have grown. That last story was hilarious
:)
That post just made my day. I love you guys :)
Wow, Gorden is in Kindergarten!!!! so crazy! I'm glad he likes it so much (love his version of the Pledge of Allegiance! awesome!!)
Adelaide got so big... and completely beautiful!
you don't blog enough for us to keep up! ;)
hugs!!
I bet Gorden is one of those students that the teacher would love to copy and paste to all the other kids. Your kids have grown up so much! I love Adelaide's hair, so long and a super cute style! Oh, your kids are the cutest!
KELLY!!! I am glad I found your blog!! :) Your kiddos are ADORABLE!! I can't believe Gorden is in kinder! CUTE!! Glad to see all is well!
so is he full day school? Is he still really tired? That's what caused me to start looking into homeschool and now I LOVE it! They did eventuatlly let me have the option of pulling maliyah out half day which my friend does now (golly what would happen if more parents knew that was an options!) but by then I had already made my decision. This year so far has been so great and I LOVE having my kids home with me!
How are things there? What is your living situation and how is that going? Ihaven't talked to you in forever! Hope you are doing well and that work is going great for Spencer. love ya
I MISS YOUR FAMILY!!! Reading your blog just makes me miss you guys even more. Give your kids big hugs for me!
Did you hear Cars 2 is coming to theaters June 24, 2011?! We're so excited. The trailer is being released on the new Toy Story 3 DVD. Hope all is well with ya'll! Can't believe how big the kids are getting!
Post a Comment