
Not like this girl. This is Becca. She is on a BYU track scholarship. She throws the javelin and we love watching her and cheering her on. Her senior year of high school she was the third best javelin thrower in the United States for high school. We all think this is awesome, but for some reason, some of the guys in the family (and many other guys she's met) occasionally don't think that matters and each of them think they can throw farther than her. She laughs out loud every time somebody says that. (I love that!) So ever since before she joined the family, all the guys have wanted to throw with her. Well a couple of weeks ago right as it was getting dark we all went down to the track. She got out both mens and womens javelins and they went at it. It was pretty funny to watch them try and get it all down. Holding it without knocking themselves in the back of the head, throwing it and making it go straight, and more than six feet, etc etc...
(I don't know if it was one final attempt for the evening to prove to themselves they haven't lost all athletic ability, or what, but on the way to the car we passed the long jump pit and Caleb & Spencer each sprinted and jumped as far as they could. I thought it was cute that as they got out of the sand and looked to see where they had landed, I thought I barely heard a sigh of relief out of each of them. They just smiled and walked to the car probably thinking, "Whew! Still got it.")
4 comments:
That is awesome!!!! Glad to know "they still have it"! I wonder if I have still have it sometimes!!!
Oh, that had me laughing outloud! The pic of Spence is hysterical!
That is so great! I assume she did outthrow them??? What a fun evening!
You capture the moment really well, Kelly! You're a great writer.
Post a Comment