While Linhong and I were sitting on the park bench talking, I told her we want to have them over for dinner again soon. They like to try American food and we like trying authentic Chinese food so we take turns hosting. Also they don't have ovens in China so she likes to learn how to bake things since she's never baked before. After watching me make chocolate chip cookies one day she said, "Well that was pretty easy!"
So this particular day we were talking and I told her that Spencer wants them to try something Northern European, like Stroganoff (also his favorite food!). I told her we thought it was German but we recently found out its actually Russian. She likes to try new things but, like me, gets very nervous about it. Her husband Roger, and Spencer for that matter, will try anything without hesitation, but Linhong and I both are a little more conservative! Anyway, so I could tell by the look on her face she was starting to get nervous like she was thinking too much about it, so I started telling her what stroganoff is. I pretty much just listed the ingredients: ground beef, noodles, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream..... Then she said, "Whoa. That sounds fancy!"
I tried not to laugh out loud because it is so not fancy at all! Maybe she thinks we cream the mushrooms ourselves....?? At least now we can feel good about serving them something that's so cheap and easy to make because they are Already impressed! =)
So this particular day we were talking and I told her that Spencer wants them to try something Northern European, like Stroganoff (also his favorite food!). I told her we thought it was German but we recently found out its actually Russian. She likes to try new things but, like me, gets very nervous about it. Her husband Roger, and Spencer for that matter, will try anything without hesitation, but Linhong and I both are a little more conservative! Anyway, so I could tell by the look on her face she was starting to get nervous like she was thinking too much about it, so I started telling her what stroganoff is. I pretty much just listed the ingredients: ground beef, noodles, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream..... Then she said, "Whoa. That sounds fancy!"
I tried not to laugh out loud because it is so not fancy at all! Maybe she thinks we cream the mushrooms ourselves....?? At least now we can feel good about serving them something that's so cheap and easy to make because they are Already impressed! =)
7 comments:
It looks like such a pretty day but it must have been cold cause the kids are bundled up. They sure look cute!
You have a gift with photos! The kids are soo cute! That is so cool you and your friends switch off hosting... and even cooler that you get to experience NEW foods!!!!
I just saw your new look. Its very cute! It cracked me up cause we used the same kit! (well mine is actually 2 put together but still) I hope you don't mind. I seriously had no clue till after I redid mine! :)
The polka dots are from a Shabby princess kit. The red is just paper I made in Photoshop and I made the header with the trees from the kit you used. I don't know that I'm totally in love with it but it was better than anything else I found.
Hey stroganoff is fancy in my house:) Too cute.
They look like they are having such a blast.
That looks so cold!!! I hear you have snow now, so maybe they can get some more use out of that sled!
Post a Comment