- I think all first-round team is like so: PG-Chris Paul, SG- Kobe Bryant, SF-LeBron James, PF-Chris Bosh, C-Dwight Howard
- I think the most impressive team so far has got to be the Lakers, which pains me to say and double pains me with the Jazz playing them in Round 2.
- I think the biggest surprise is the Boston-Atlanta series. No one in their right mind would've said that series would go to 7.
- I think with that said Boston would have to be the biggest disappointment. Maybe they're overrated but still, Atlanta was under .500.... The "Boston Three Party" has got to do better than that.
- I think the biggest idiot so far has to be anyone in a Wizards uniform. Ever heard the term "let sleeping dogs lie"? Yeah, i guess not. Why would you provoke arguably the best player in the league and the ONLY player on the Cavs roster that can actually beat you? Also, Haywood's comments to the media about Lebron needing to "quit whining" about being flagrantly fouled every other night show true stupidity. Haywood doesn't realize that NOBODY comes to watch him play, and everybody comes to watch LeBron. It's only b/c of the LeBron's of the world that the Brendan Haywood's even get a paycheck.
- I think Andre Igoudala and Joe Johnson are two players that had a previous tendency to disappear from games but have come up huge for their respective teams. Neither probably makes it out of the 1st round, but both give their franchises something to be excited about.
- I think i was totally wrong about my East and West thoughts before the playoffs. While i picked all of the 1st round winners so far i have been wrong on the games. I wouldn't have been surprised to see sweeps in the East and Duels in the West, but it's been somewhat the opposite.
- I think after watching the first round i wouldn't be surprised to see any of the West teams take it all. However, i would be very surprised if ANY of the East do.
- I think Hubie Brown is too loyal to his coaching peers to be a great analyst.
- I think the best 2nd Round series will be Spurs-Hornets.
Afterthought- I've always thought that the best TEAM wins which may be true, but more than ever before we're seeing that the team with the best player on the floor always has a chance. See games involving LeBron, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, etc... They were the best player on the floor and it opened everything up for everyone else. In round one, none of those three could be guarded. (I would include Kobe in this but with the Nuggets playing defense no player on the other team gets guarded, so i guess you could say he couldn't be guarded either, but Denver can't d-up Luke Walton.)
4 comments:
I put a movie on our blog this morning that Gorden might like (may 3rd post) :)
Hi Spencer--I know you don't know me (Kelly and I were friends at BYU-Idaho and I always heard about you while you were on your mission!) But I really think I need to tell you that I appreciate your lists. They are always entertaining and I agree with a lot of the stuff you say. Anways--keep them coming, they are great! :)
isn't the NBA just a bunch of thugs?
I'm beginning to think the NBA has turned it around and the NFL has caught the thug bug.
Post a Comment