2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Finally!! It took us over 14 months to get pregnant so we were thrilled!
3. How old were you? 23 (12 days away from turning 24)4. How did you find out you were pregnant? pregnancy test
5. Who did you tell first? My mom
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes definitely7. Due date? December 10th and then December 26th
8.Did you deliver early or late? 2 1/2 months EARLY; I delivered around 29 weeks (out of 40)
9. Did you have morning sickness? All day every day! I threw up 7 times a day for 18 weeks, and one day it was 9 times (Kind of strange that it was the same number every day, but I actually kept tally marks at my desk at work b/c I knew it was a lot)10. What did you crave? Mexican food, Chinese food, & Pizza
11. Who irritated you the most? My boss
12. What was your first child's sex? Male
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 2214.Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? YES! I had to take medicine to stay pregnant (which is mostly why I was so sick) and I had preeclampsia and by the time I delivered at least 10% of my placenta had died (The DR said it was "the flimsiest placenta [she] had ever seen."
15.Where did you give birth? NW Arkansas Regional Medical Center, Fayetteville, AR

16. How many hours were you in labor? Zero; I never went into labor. The doctor informed me at a check up that they needed to get the baby out right away.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? Spencer
18. Who watched? Nobody...I was put out under general anesthesia, so not even Spencer could be in there.19. Was it natural or c-section? Urgent C-section
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? General Anesthesia..I didn't feel a thing!
21.How much did your child weigh? 2 pounds 5 ounces
22.Did your child have any complications? MIRACULOUSLY, not really! His cord was in a knot when in the womb so the bigger he grew the tighter the knot got and he was lacking nourishment from that and my dying placenta, which both made him even smaller than he should have been. So considering he was born 2 1/2 months early and all his parts weren't even Developed yet, he barely has any long term effects. Asthma and eczema is about it! He's very very very lucky!
23. What did you name him/her? Gorden Spencer Tompkins24. How old is your first born today? 3 1/2 years
6 comments:
What a journey! I'm sure those pictures are a great trip down memory lane with a very happy ending.
He is so precious, what a little miracle! It was so nice to hear the whole story.
I loved the pictures! What a miracle Gorden is! I'm so happy he's doing so well.
Kelly, this was so neat to read, I had no clue that you had to go through such a rough time with your first baby= what a miracle! He's adorable... ever since the get-go!
What a great post. I never get tired of hearing about Gorden and his miraculous birth...especially since I am at 29 weeks now. xoxo
Oh Kelly, What a story. What a blessing. What a glorious wonderful blessing babies are. My first was only 5 weeks early, but early nonetheless. He never was sick as a baby. He had one cough. But never an earache or RSV or anything. That was the most amazing part. He put his 2 weeks in NICU and that was enough 'sickness' for him!
Oh, and I loved the pictures too!
Post a Comment