Tuesday, March 11, 2008

OW!

Gorden helped with dinner every step of the way tonight. One of his favorite parts was tenderizing the chicken. He pounded for a while then I would pound a few times then we'd move on to the next piece. He pulls a chair up to the counter and stands on it so he can see and reach. Tonight he had his hands on the back of the chair (which was in front of him) and when I was pounding the chicken I accidentally hit his hands with the handle of the meat tenderizer and my wrists. (Let me also say that we have tiny counters and not a lot of space in the kitchen. Well, anywhere really.)
So Gorden says "Oww!! You hurt me mom." "I'm sorry Gorden! Did I hit your hands? (Let me clarify.. I didn't hammer his fingers!) I'm so sorry!" He doesn't really say anything and seems to be over it already. Then a minute later I still feel really bad so I tell him again that I'm sorry and that I didn't mean to. Then he tells me, "I'm not mad. I'm a boy."

So.... props to his dad for being such a great example and having such a kind temperament and hardly ever getting mad!

1 comment:

Esther said...

That's so sweet! Hopefully he can keep that attribute of forgiveness with him as he grows older.
I love the pictures of Adelaide eating, my favorite was the one of her drinking her yogurt. She is so cute, I love a good eater!