Tuesday, March 11, 2008

She Loves Food

I realized the other day that I probably help Adelaide at the table too much and don't let her try to feed herself enough. So a week or so ago I put a spoon in her hand and helped her feed herself, but I was holding on the whole time. Then honestly after a day or so she could do it herself! We mostly do this with her morning bowl of cereal or yogurt. I still sit beside her because once the cereal is gone she gets a strong urge to toss her bowl of milk in the air. So usually at dinner time, if we are eating something that you don't eat with your hands I still help her most of the way because I'd rather feed her and eat my dinner later than clean up her entire plate of food off of the floor and then find her something else to eat (because I just can't imagine feeding my baby something off the floor, even if I just cleaned it!). On Monday night I gave in and let her go at it alone, because she really is doing so much better. This is what it looked like.

Then a different day this week she is eating yogurt for an afternoon snack. She was doing great and I walked away for a minute. When I came back this is what I saw. Apparently the spoon just wasn't getting it done.

DRINKING her yogurt in an attempt to get more in her mouth at the same time. When I caught her doing this she just giggled and giggled as if she knew she looked ridiculous and hilarious and like she was starving. What a character we have.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I love it when kids can feed themselves! It's the next best thing to sleeping through the night!

X said...

I love her, she is just so cute trying to get that yogurt out!

Laura said...

Those were such cute pictures. I hope my baby is as cute as your kids. :)

Winters Outloud said...

What a doll!!! Hooray for your smart girl!!! Vance would let me feed him every meal if he could- I guess I fed him for a long time just because I would rather avoid the mess (even when I knew he could do it himself)- that I never had another kid to worry about. Hope things are going well! Want to go to the library this week???
Caren

thepetersens said...

So cute! I am the same way though...I had such a hard time just giving in and letting Brody feed himself. I still do, but it is nice to have him be able to do it all by himself. Brody has the same Surfer bib! I love that one! :o)

Melissa said...

HA ha! I think drinking yogurt is a common thing among our kids. ..Michelle does that everyday! Adelaide is super cute and I greatly miss her!

Aleasha said...

she is so darn cute! i love it. it is so hard to give in though. indepence is great, though... right!?!?!??!?!?!?!