Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sweeping

Okay Mary, so we may have an answer...


Last night I was at the doctor with Adelaide, and Spencer and Gorden were home. Apparently they had cereal for dinner (yes I did feel a little guilty about that, but hey, less dishes to clean!! At least they ate something.) Anyway, so Gorden pours his bowl of cereal in the floor then tries to get down out of his chair. Spencer asks him why he did that and what he's doing, and he says, "sweep." Spencer says, "What??" Gorden tells him again, "Sweep." "Gorden, did you pour your cereal in the floor so you could sweep it up?" "Yeah!!"
???WHAT??? WHY?? Whenever Spencer explained that you can't sweep up milk and all that, Gorden got really sad. I guess after they mopped up the milk and wet Cheerios he let Gorden "sweep" for a little while. Somehow I've gone wrong somewhere along the line b/c apparently cleaning is so fun around here that we inflict messes upon ourselves.

No comments: