Adelaide is getting over her eighth ear infection. It is her sixth in five months. This time seems to be worse than ever. Sunday she threw up all day and had diarrhea. Usually she gets diarrhea with the antibiotic but this time its a whole lot worse!! I need to go to the grocery store today but honestly I can't even do something for 10 minutes before I'm changing another diaper. Going into the weekend I had all the laundry clean. I think she has only one more thing I can put on her after these clothes that she's wearing get messed up. Sunday we changed her clothes about seven times, and mine about 4. Yesterday a little less but even today, she's only been awake for 2 hours and we've changed her clothes twice! Poor little thing. Her tummy is actually flatter and she is looking skinnier. She hasn't eaten hardly anything for days but fortunately I can get her to drink gatorade. (Thank you, April, for loaning us gatorade at almost midnight!) She hasn't had a fever fortunately, but I do think she has chills and just that over all crappy feeling. Her skin is always cold and her little fingers are purple, and I would say her lips are purple but I think that may be the gatorade. =)
She started an antibiotic on Tuesday and it was a different one that she's not had before. Apparently its kinda hard on the stomach. (That's an understatement!) So I took her back to the doctor last night (fortunately the after hours on-call doctor was her regular doc) and he said we could stop the antibiotic and that there still was fluid in her ears but it was clear now. So he sent us to the drug store for something called Culturell. I guess the medicine was flushing out all the good bacteria in her stomach with the bad and this Culturell stuff restores the good bacteria. It has the same stuff in it that is found in yogurt. (Which we usually have in the house but since I haven't been to the store in days we are fresh out of yogurt!) So hopefully she will start to feel better soon. I can't imagine how she can have so many dirty diapers considering she will hardly eat. I am, however, more grateful than ever for DESITIN diaper rash cream! It seems to be working wonderfully.
She started an antibiotic on Tuesday and it was a different one that she's not had before. Apparently its kinda hard on the stomach. (That's an understatement!) So I took her back to the doctor last night (fortunately the after hours on-call doctor was her regular doc) and he said we could stop the antibiotic and that there still was fluid in her ears but it was clear now. So he sent us to the drug store for something called Culturell. I guess the medicine was flushing out all the good bacteria in her stomach with the bad and this Culturell stuff restores the good bacteria. It has the same stuff in it that is found in yogurt. (Which we usually have in the house but since I haven't been to the store in days we are fresh out of yogurt!) So hopefully she will start to feel better soon. I can't imagine how she can have so many dirty diapers considering she will hardly eat. I am, however, more grateful than ever for DESITIN diaper rash cream! It seems to be working wonderfully.
On a side note, Adelaide actually has an appointment tomorrow to see an Ear, Nose, & Throat Specialist. Her pediatrician thinks she will definitely need tubes in her ears. I guess we'll find out more about that Wednesday.
5 comments:
Poor little thing! I hate how hard antibiotics are on their little systems. I hear the tubes are miracle workers!
That really stinks! Oh I am so sorry! I wondered if someone got sick cause you weren't at church on Sunday. I hope that things go well with the ENT. She needs to get this taken care of, so she doesn't have to deal with it for the rest of her life. Hopefully she won't be allergic to her tubes like I was. Good Luck! Call me if I can do anything for you!
It's so hard when kids get sick. Two of my kids have tubes and they haven't had any problems with their ears since, so good luck hope it helps your little one and hope she feels better soon.
Wow, we've had a similar weekend here. Louisa was feverish,and had chills and purple too, also with an ear infection. She's had two doses of the Antibiotics, so here we go with the diapers.....Hope it's better for you today, good luck with the tubes, I also hear they're great!
Oh wow! That is so hard! I definitely know about the whole antibiotic thing...Antibiotics are good, but also really hard on your body and poor Adelaide having to take so many! I hope that she gets better soon!
Post a Comment