Saturday, February 23, 2008

My Lucky Day

Spencer fulfilled one of his goals today. He's been wanting to do this since we got married 5 1/2 years ago. He bought me a piano!!!!!!!! YAY! Just look how beautiful and great. I love it.





(It won't stay here on this wall. We hope to get rid of our organ soon, so in the mean time its a little crowded, but not too bad.)

Its a digital piano Yamaha YDP-131C. It has 88 weighted keys and FEELS and sounds just like a piano and not a keyboard. We got it at Sam's Club and have been eyeing it for a while now. Spencer has been trying to talk me into this for a long time, but I haven't been able to part with the money. We have looked around several other places and this was by far the best deal around though. Samsclub.com recently discontinued this item so we were worried that the store might not carry it for long, and the Yamaha website has it listed for about twice as much. Plus we got it with the bench, which most other places don't offer that for free, and it is in a nice casing (as opposed to a keyboard ON a stand. Which would not be an option with toddlers. Not sturdy enough.) so it looks really nice and even has a dust cover so little fingers don't touch the keys. So since we got our tax return and had some left over after some other necessary things, we decided to go for it.


I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play the piano, and almost just as much, (he says more) Spencer loves to hear me play and has been really longing for one in our home. This one is perfect because its small enough to be able to move several more times until we get a permanent place and since its digital we don't have to worry about tuning it and all that stuff! It is perfect for us. We are so happy! Thank you, Honey!

(Also, if anyone is interested in an organ...... please let us know! You can just have it for free!)

7 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm so jealous! Its gorgeous Kelly! I'm really happy for you!

jennie said...

If I lived closer I would take the organ off your hands in 3 seconds. I've been wanting one forever!! :)

Mary said...

Congratulations! The piano looks awesome!

Winters Outloud said...

What a beautiful gift!!! I wish I knew how to play more than 2 songs.... I bet you are so happy!
Caren

Melea said...

Wow! I didn't know you could play! Sorry I never got to hear...sounds like you must be pretty good!

britt said...

SWEET!!!! That's so cool, I'm so happy for you:) I forgot to thank you today for tagging me and for asking me how I was feeling, I appreciate your thoughtfulness and your friendship. I hope you really enjoy playing your piano, have fun!!!

Esther said...

Wow, what a beautiful piano! I am so happy for you!