Wednesday, February 13, 2008

FOR THE RECORD

I just want to document that Gorden ate his entire plate of dinner last night! That certainly doesn't happen every week, let alone every night. Even better, he just ate it. I wasn't constantly reminding him to take a bite, then noticing 5 minutes later that he's still storing it in his mouth so then reminding him to chew, and then to swallow. Its a whole process that actually comes kind of involuntary for most people it seems. Not really with Gorden. We're step by step with him as far as eating goes.

Also, this is exciting for me, last night when I got dinner on the table and sat down I said, "okay lets have a prayer." Then ADELAIDE folded her arms. That was the first time she's ever done that. I was thrilled. She's only one, but Gorden was so reverent from a very very young age. Adelaide really doesn't care about stuff like that. But she's starting to get it! YAY!

Alright I'm done for now. Gorden just poured his Cheerios (with milk!) in his lap. (On purpose) WHY is that so fun?????

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that's awesome that he ate all of his dinner! I hate feeding kids, it's so hard, but so exciting when they actually eat it!

Mary said...

If you figure out why that is so fun - please let me know! Congrats on Gorden's eating dinner!

Winters Outloud said...

Folding her arms??? I can barely get Vance to pray~ sweet, boy- he is just too busy. Hooray for the success in your household! Thanks, again, so much for watching Vance the other day. I appreciate your service and especially your friendship!!! Have a Happy Valentine's Day! Caren

X said...

those are some great accomplishments, way to go gorden! that is so cute about adelaide1

Esther said...

Yay for Gorden! I can imagine how exciting that is for you. Zeke is becoming more picky, and I think it has a lot to do with us letting him try sweet things. Any suggestions?