Sunday, October 21, 2007

24 Hours of Bedlam!

We just had 24 hours of pure madness. Weather, sickness, work, and college sports... all wacky. First off, our High Temperature yesterday was officially 68°F. We played outside and took these pics in the late afternoon.

It was a beautiful day. Even the over night the low only dropped to 55°F. That however was the warmest we had today. If anybody saw the highlights of BYU vs. EWU you will understand how I got these pics this afternoon.Not exactly your typical 24 hour swing. I could've been comfortable in shorts yesterday! Tonight I wore a coat and gloves outside at work. Admittedly I was frusterated when I saw the forecast (I still wish it were summer, or that I was on a beach somewhere with some big, non-alcoholic Piña Colada with one of those cute little umbrellas in it) but after I saw the big swirly flakes falling all around I got a little excited. I'm still not ready for the long Utah winter, but i'll be alright 'til December, maybe even January.

That was crazy enough, but it got more strange. At work all night was warm, and we had a piece of ceiling fall after being soaked by a leak from above. We ended up having to call in a plumber and an electrician because an electrical box fell through the ceiling and was hanging by a piece of conduit. Stuff like that just doesn't happen a lot at the MTC.

After everybody was starting to feel better today we had our worst sickness and it ended up being quite a scare. Gorden started getting congested yesterday, but then today didn't seem to feel well all day. Then, in the late afternoon he gets a ridiculously high fever that at one point got up to 104.8°F! Out of the middle of nowhere he said "Mommy, wiener hurts". We took him to the after hours clinic and it turns out he either has a Urinary Tract Infection (not common in circumsized men) or his Kidney's are starting to fail. It looks like the infection is the likely problem but we won't have it confirmed until Monday morning. So we just have to treat his fever and wait until the culture is done. We did get him started on antibiotics so it should start fixing things soon. I guess we'll see.

Now for the levity. Here are a few crazy things that happened Saturday in sports: Hogs win convincingly, LSU last second pass, South Carolina upended by Vandy, Blizzard looking snow for a few minutes @ BYU, Oregon wears a uniform that's not embarassing, WVU wears one that is, Sox win by 10 runs, Kansas moves to 7-0, and Houston Nutt ruins the Heisman trophy for one of the most outstanding talents in recent football history and he does it almost single-handedly. Think about it for a minute, you have the biggest, strongest, fastest guy on the field and for two straight games you run him right up the middle the whole game. No real outside plays, no isolations, nothing. D-Mac vs. eight men in the box and you run him right in the face of it. If he weren't better than any other back in the country he wouldn't have gained a yard.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah! I don't Facebook enough - I have a much easier time keeping up with bloggers!!! Welcome to the best side of the Force!

Claire said...

Yea! i am so glad you guys have a blog now. Your kids are so cute. We need to get together again!