Saturday, October 20, 2007

HaPpY BiRtHdAy to YoU!!

Our little boy is THREE now! I can't believe it! We celebrated Gorden's birthday a week ago with 10 of his friends. I think they all had a good time. Gorden was really excited to have all his friends come, especially his cousin Greg. When Greg got there he ran really fast up to Gorden and said, "Happy Birthday Gorden! I got you a present!" Then they hugged and kissed!! It was so cute. It's fun to watch them play together. You can tell they love each other a lot. I'm glad they are such good friends.


The kids just played and ran around. We had a few little games and everything was kind of centered around the movie CARS. Gorden (and most of his friends) are infatuated with that movie right now! Everything is about Lightning McQueen and Mater. and Sally. and Doc...and The King...and everybody else...... Anyway it was fun and Gorden had a good time.

The kids were all really funny about eating cupcakes. I guess they haven't had many of those by this age because nobody really knew what to do. We put one in front of each kid and literally they each sat there and stared at them. Maybe they were waiting for the prayer? So some moms unwrapped them and a few kids took a cautious bite(some even with no hands, like a puppy), but most kids still just sat and stared at the cupcake until a mom picked it up and held it in front of their mouth and told them to bite it. It was really funny! Cupcakes are a foreign food to 2 and 3 year olds.

This is the best shot we got of the group and with the most kids looking and sitting down. That was challenging...

A couple of weeks ago my brother Jared got married so my family came to town from Arkansas and Tennessee and we celebrated Gorden's bday early with them. Greg turned 3 three weeks before Gorden and my sister's and Grandma's birthdays were while they were in Utah so we celebrated everyone's together.



Gorden is talking a lot now (finally!) and seems like he's growing a lot. He is in to dressing himself and definitely has to pick out his own clothes. He still treats his sister so sweet, although she's pretty mobile now (and quick!) so he's a bit more protective of his things since she of course always wants what he has! He cannot wait till Adelaide is big enough to wrestle - she's seriously close (she's huge!) - and likes to ride on her back like she's his horse while she crawls around. Lately he gallops around the house saying, "I'm a cowboy!" So conveniently, Adelaide is always right there to ride around on. =) I don't know how she can hold him up, but she surprisingly doesn't collapse when he sits on her back. I guess its good she's such a big girl since she has an older brother! He is sweet to her though. He LIGHTS Up when he hears her wake up from her nap because he can't wait to play with her. I love how excited he gets about Adelaide! I'm so lucky to have such a happy, loving little boy in my life. I often think about when he spent so much time in the NICU and how far we've come. There are so many miracles associated with Gorden being here. I couldn't imagine my life without my little buddy. I love him so much. I'm so lucky to be his mom! It's been a wonderful three years!!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you started a blog, your kids are adorable! I'm glad we can keep in touch better like this! My blog is: http://lizandrobjudd.blogspot.com/ just in case you don't have it!

calls2003 said...

Congrats on the new blog! Now try using google reader and subcribe to everyone's blogs that you know of so you don't have to check their websites all the time! - Vince

Melea said...

SO so glad that you guys started one! The link to our blog (mainly mine) is http://kentuckybirds.blogspot.com Your kids are growing so quickly!

Rifka Jensen said...

aww how cute. im glad gorden had a good birthday. hes adorable!