Well kindergarten was over June 3rd. On June 8th Gorden told me he was ready to go back. He was missing his friends and starting to get bored at home. Adelaide and I were loving having him home again! He wanted to lay around for a few days and watch cartoons and sleep in and not do much of anything. I was fine with that. A couple of weeks later he was really missing his buddies and kept wishing we would run in to them at Wal-Mart or some place. I was wishing I had their moms' names and phone numbers so we could have them over to play or something. Just last week, mid-July, I was in the kitchen talking to Spencer's mom and Gorden came up to me crying and fell into my arms. Then he whispered in my ear, "Mom I miss school! I miss my friends!" So sad!!
One day in early June, Adelaide asked me, "Could you turn her down??" Adelaide was watching a movie. Camilla was fussing and she and I walked through the room.
One night Adelaide came into my room at 11pm because she was hungry and still awake. She has had a hard time getting to sleep lately, as have I. I was finishing a sudoku puzzle by flashlight in the bed so I didn't wake Spencer. I gave her the flashlight to look in the cabinet in my room to find a little snack. I think she was surprised that I didn't mind if she ate something. (I thought it might help her get to sleep, and I'm sure she really was hungry because it had been a while since dinner.) So she puts some Club crackers in my lap and says "I'm not going to eat these; I just need to move them for a second." Then she gets out the Cheezits and while she's starting to open them I put a Club cracker in my mouth. She stopped what she was doing and looked at me and with the most surprised sounding voice said,
"You're eating crackers in the middle of the night?!!"
"It makes my ears soggy!"
She has a new friend named Rachel who is so sweet and looks at Adelaide like she totally adores her. Sometimes Rachel forgets Adelaide's name though, and calls her "that cute blonde girl" or "that cute pretty girl." Once when we were leaving their house after dinner and saying Bye at the door, she says to Adelaide,
"Bye! You're pretty! I love you!"
No comments:
Post a Comment