Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Quick Update

Well I've turned out to be the most sporadic blogger and a huge slacker. Most of it has to do with how annoyingly slow and unreliable the internet connection is. We do keep busy around here though and clearly its just not in my routine anymore. I'm working on it. I know I've said that before, but I'll skip all the explanations and whatnots and just say that we are about to have a baby and we couldn't be more excited!! She is due April 10th which is just over Three weeks away! I am feeling great (and surprised about that!) and things are going really well. This is the best pregnancy I've had by far. All three have been very very different. Also I've had two c-sections but my doctor wants me to not have surgery this time and so far things are lining up perfectly for a VBAC. So we'll see how that all plays out. Of course anything can change at any time, but so far things are really well. We do not have a name for this little girl yet though. We're working on that every day.

The kids are doing well. We've all been sick off and on but hanging in there. I was super sick three weeks ago and it lasted four long days. That knocked me off my feet big time but I'm back up and running. Well, up and waddling at least. I'm pretty tired a lot of the time but that's to be expected. I'm just so grateful that things are going so well with the baby and pregnancy. We really are just thrilled to be having another child/sibling. I've been meaning to have someone take a picture of me and my "big ol' belly" as Adelaide calls it. I was so so humongous with Adelaide's pregnancy I always wished I'd measured myself around or taken a picture of me at the end just for reference sake. I really don't think I'm as big this time around but everyone that sees me totally thinks I'm having twins. With Adelaide everyone assumed I was having twins and some asked about triplets. Peoples' reactions are awesome whenever I say its just one. At least half the time they seem like they honestly don't even believe me. Kind of hilarious.

Well I'll post again. I do have lots of pictures from all the big events and some everyday stuff that we do that I will eventually get on here!

10 comments:

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

SOOOOO excited for you guys and glad to know you're still alive! ;) It was fun to hear a quick update.

Charity Brown said...

yay! i knew you were expecting but didn't know it was a girl! congrats! and good luck with the delivery!

Laura said...

So excited for you guys! I can't wait to see pictures!

Brittany H. said...

I can't tell you how shocked I was to see that you posted on your blog! haha Congratulations on the upcoming little girl!! We just had one two months ago and things couldn't be better. You are brave, though, not having a name yet. That is something I would be sooo stressing out about! ;) Good luck with everything!

deargoodness said...

ah, I can't believe I forgot you were having a girl! oh, how exciting! I hope everything goes well with the delivery! we miss you guys so much, James cried yesterday because he said the friends here aren't as good as the friends in Arkansas. it was really sad!

Mary said...

Congrats on the girl! Nice to see you blog, even sporadically!

Winters Outloud said...

So good to see a post and get an update! Good luck with this little girl coming. Wish you the best! Please post at least one photo:)

Clark and Rebecca said...

Hooray for the update! Can't wait to hear all about baby girl Tompkins. Good luck with the end of your pregnancy!

Kurt and Kristy said...

Congrats!! Hope you're feeling well!

Lindsay said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean! I was SO HUGE with all 3 of mine! My oldest was 9lb 9oz, 2nd was 10lb9oz, and my 3rd was 9lb 13oz (induced 2 wks early). People ALWAYS asked me if I was having twins! Big babies are the best!