One afternoon the kids and I were picking up before dinner, and I think we were having company that night, and Gorden really didn’t want to do much and was complaining about it. I encouraged him that he could and it’s not much and etc etc …. I went into the bathroom to straighten the shower curtain and get a clean hand towel, etc and he followed me. He was crying about cleaning up the living room. Not whining, I mean crying. Then he lost it and said pretty fervently,
“Mom! I am on Thanksgiving break from school, and sometimes I have to pick up crayons and throw papers away and I do not want to do anything here.”
I just hugged him and tried hard to not laugh out loud. It’s so tough being a Kindergartener.
1 comment:
haha I miss the Gordenisms from primary. I just miss your kids!
Post a Comment