Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Preschool Valentine's Party

Gorden wanted Adelaide and me to come to his class on Valentine's Day. The kids all exchanged valentines and were so cute! It was fun to see Gorden with his classmates. Adelaide made herself quite at home and got right in the middle of everybody on the big rug, then at some point she turned around and noticed all the toys in the back half of the room and she was up and back there right away! She just did her own thing and nobody seemed to care. Gorden had fun choosing valentine cards at the store. He picked the ones with Spider Man, The Hulk, Thing, Wolverine, etc etc... I can't even remember them all. At home he was careful to hand pick which Marvel character went to which classmate. He also picked out blow-pops to attach to each Valentine. When I was growing up I don't remember having candy with my cards very often. Seems like only about 1/3 to 1/2 of our class would have candy. I just felt like Gorden would like it and since I always liked receiving it, we went ahead and got some suckers. I'm so glad we did because every single child in his preschool class gave out candy! I was really surprised. So they all had a good time and it didn't last nearly as long as I remember it lasting when I was in school.



(they're playing...he's not punching him!)

2 comments:

Katy said...

i sound sooo redundant, but HOLY COW, Your kids are CUTE!!!!!! (what kind of camera do you have??? i'm loving your shots!)
what a fun day, i remember hand-picking out Valentines for people in my class... "i CAN'T give this one to Charlie Gibbons... he'll think I REALLY want him to "BE MINE".. eeeewww.. grooooss..." oh the drama of giving people the perfect card.

Courtney said...

what a cutie! I am loving looking at all of their pics and reading all of the posts. SO CUTE!