Friday, March 6, 2009

Open House

Before a temple is dedicated, the public is welcome to walk through and see everything, so I took Gorden and Adelaide to the new Draper Utah Temple Open House. I think they enjoyed it! Gorden seemed really receptive to everything as I explained what went on there and what the different rooms were about. Maybe he understood something. Adelaide was reverent, she just wanted to go at a faster pace than the rest of us! She was good though. They enjoyed riding the bus that transported us there from a local meetinghouse, and of course got really excited about the free cookies and little water bottles after the tour! It was a great experience. I'm glad we had the opportunity to go and especially that I could walk through with my kids. It was nice to be able to show them a place that is so important and talk about why it is so special to me and our family.



Purpose of Temples

"Why These Temples?"
"The Holy Temple"
"A History of Temples"

2 comments:

Katy said...

What a great way to help teach your kids about the reverence and holiness of temples, I'm happy you got to go with them!

Jodie said...

What a neat thing to get to do with your kids! I wish I could do that with mine. Maybe one day!