Halloween evening we took the kids to Helaman Halls for trick or treating. The freshmen pass out candy from their dorm rooms, although I must say the guys dorms were pretty lame and really only the girls dorms participate. We wasted a bit of time until we figured that out. Gorden and Adelaide totally loved it. What is the deal though with kids choosing something like Smarties over Snickers?? They just weren't getting it that bigger is better. We'll work on that before next year. They had a good time though and filled their buckets to their satisfaction just in time for us all to get kicked out because the fire alarm went off.
Then we headed over to the church for the ward party. It was fun! There were several things going on, games and relays and contests. Spencer and I were alright at the relays but I have to say it was really embarrassing, Really embarrassing how awful we both did at the pie eating contest. Yes I joined as well. There was another girl also! I totally didn't expect to win at all, but I did actually think I would do a little better than I did. Holy cow pumpkin pie sure is waaay more filling than I EVER remember. It was so hard!
Can you tell Gorden's had a lot of sugar?? I expected them to get a sugar high, it's Halloween. What I didn't expect was all the screaming and crying and huge tantrums from wanting candy and not getting it that have lasted for days and days afterwards! They can have their buckets after lunch and choose a piece of candy or two, depending on what they chose. Adelaide will Not hand me back her bucket though. She has quite a grip! She is so giddy about getting to look through "Elmo" as she calls her bucket, but she doesn't get it that she has to give the bucket back. It makes her so mad every time. Gorden has figured out that I really will take the buckets back and they can't sit and eat piece after piece after piece of candy, so he's gotten to where he's just super fast now at opening and eating them. I noticed today that he can down several while I'm helping Adelaide, who takes forever to choose (that's fine, she only gets one; its a big decision!), open her piece. Sneaky. Spencer found Adelaide today in the middle of our bed with her bucket in her lap just going to town. I wish I would've seen her face when she knew she'd been caught! So Halloween is over and I can't believe October went by so fast!
5 comments:
sounds like post-Halloween candy control can be quite a challenge! I'll have to keep that in mind, but I'm not sure there is EVER an easy solution where kids and their sweets are involved... ;0
yeah, my kids didn't get it either. They still are eating the "kisses" and starbursts rather than eating the "good stuff." Go figure.
i know i have seen you down pie, right!??!?!?! great pictures of the kiddos. i would love to see the pictures of you and spenc, but i forgot to take picturs of me too. oh well!! happy candy day!
hahahah!!! That last picture of Gorden cracks me up!! The kids looked adorable! Adelaide makes the best kitty and I love that horse Gorden is "riding"!!! We wanted to get that for Sweetface Dimpleberry too, but when we tried it on her at the store, she ended up just chasing the tail around and around.... silly girl!
now you got me curious... I wanna see the vampires!!!
We need to post our Halloween pics. Did you see Amber's. Lydia was a black cat too!
Post a Comment