Friday, October 24, 2008
My Love
I'm not sure if this means i'm making a habit of writing on birthdays, but i wanted to express how much i love and admire Kelly. I've been in love with Kelly since we were just teenagers, but getting to live with her for the last 6 years i've come to a whole new realization of how amazing she is. Kelly, at her worst, is likely better than most people at their best. She cares deeply about others. It doesn't take long being around Kelly to realize that she wants what's best for you and she's willing to help you get that. i love everything about her. Her laugh is infectious. She's excitable and exciting. She is 100% committed to the gospel. She is a fantastic mother! So many days in my Child Development class the prof will say something about how kids need whatever, and i'll stop and think "Kelly does that naturally." She's helpful. She's compassionate. She's unassuming, not presumptuous, and not conceited. I could go on for hours, but the best thing about Kelly is that she has the greatest capacity to love of anyone i've ever met. She really loves people deeply. You don't even have to know her and she'll love you. I've seen people come and go in our 12 years together, and when i don't think i have the heart for one more, she pulls someone in and loves them and stretches me and my heart. It's natural for her to do that, to love and care for people. She loves more people than i would've thought humanly possible. Chances are, if you're reading this she loves you. It's a miracle to be around her and see how deeply she cares and how hard she works to make peoples' lives better. Sure she can get mad or offended, but she rarely shows it, and she consciously tries to remove any ill feelings from her heart until they're gone. She's a great example to me of how to love someone. That's what i love about her most and i'm glad i get to see that Christlike example everyday. It keeps me grounded. It helps me understand the Savior. I'm so glad we get to share birthdays and anniversaries and holidays for the rest of our days. I love her so much. Happy Birthday Kelly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
K, did Kelly cry when she read this? Ya'll are such a cute couple! Perfectly matched. Happy Birthday again Kelly.
Happy birthday, Kelly! You are such a great, nice, selfless, genuine, (etc.) person and friend. Hope your day is special!
Amazingly put! Happy Birthday, Kelly! It's been so long since we've talked face to face, but I remember clear as day how genuine and kind you are- always have a smile on your face and never failed to say or wave hello- people like you made my first year at college the best experience and I'm so thankful for you!!! Have a wonderful year- you deserve the best!!!!
happy b-day, Kelly!
Spencer, this was a lovely tribute to your equally lovely wife. We are very happy for your happiness!
Great Job Spencer! You explained Kelly to a T! She is such an amazing person. I concider myself lucky because I know her.
Happy birthday Kelly! I hope you have a fabulous day!!! Love ya! :)
Happy Birthday Kelly! What a sweet tribute to your adorable wife Spencer. Thanks for sharing your feelings of admiration for your wife with the rest of us. I know Kelly loves to hear that you feel that way about her! She is and always has been an AMAZING person.
She really is wonderful!!! I love you too Kelly and hope your day is great!
Well put Spencer. Happy Birthday Kelly. You are so amazing. You are such an easy person to talk to hang out with. I miss our days in Fayetteville hanging out at the Seversikes. I hope you have a great birthday.
Kelly, you really are an amazing friend. . it was so easy to connect with you when we lived so close. I hope you had a very happy day!!
Happy Birthday, Kelly! I agree with everything Spencer said...I can remember when we were in young womens together, and just thinking how GOOD you were...and obviously still are. Hope you have a great one!
Happy Birthday Kelly! You really are a wonderful friend and neighbor. Thanks for keeping me up to date on things, I always LOVE talking with you. Spencer, you couldn't have put it better. Kelly truly is an example of love.
Kelly, you are such an example to me too. From the first Sunday I met you in church over 2 years ago, I felt lucky to be your friend! Happy B-day!
Oh! I love it! That's so sweet! Happy birthday Kelly!
Kelly is the coolest!
That was very sweet. And I hope that Kelly had a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I think people sense this about Kelly right from the beginning. That is why she has everyone and their dog talking to her about everything happening in their lives. Kelly is great and we love her too. I can just see Spencer saying, "I love you Lover-pants."
So sweet! Kelly, you really are all those things! I miss you and Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment