Friday, August 1, 2008

I Couldn't Believe It

So today i was at work and one of my buddies, who also happens to be in the Elders Quorum Presidency with me, called and left me a message for me to call him. I thought he was calling about Elders Quorum stuff. When i called him back he asked if i wanted to "go flying" with him and his father-in-law in his father-in-law's plane b/c it was his birthday. I had loads to do, but things worked out and i got to go. When we got to the airport Cary(sp?)(the father-in-law) started telling us how the plane works and what controls what and what the dials mean. I thought it was a little weird that he would be telling us all the stuff and asking us questions about it, but i thought it was b/c he didn't think we'd ever been that close to an airplane before. Turns out it was b/c he was letting us FLY THE PLANE! It was amazing! If you told me when i woke up this morning that i would be flying a plane today i would've laughed in your face. I loved every minute of it! Here are some pictures. Thanks again to Cary and Paul. You are great!We flew a 6 seat Piper Saratoga. You can see how small it is with me standing next to it.This is Paul and I in the back after i'd been in the driver's seat.This is me FLYING AN AIRPLANE!Notice the picture was taken from the front left. I was flying and the pilot was taking a picture.Here's one i got of our beloved BYU.What a blast! Thanks again Paul and Cary! It was Paul's birthday, but it felt like mine!

8 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Wow, AMAZING!!!! Brian is a little jealous I think :)

liso. said...

That's awesome! What a great non-birthday day for you!!! ...and you just happen to be wearing the perfect shades for the job!
-alison

Brittany H. said...

What a fun experience! Well, you can cross "flying a plane" off your list now. :)

Amber said...

Cool! S and I went up with Sitton before we were married. It is amazing! You have really nice friends. ~A

Amber said...

Ha ha. Good point a. I love the "Top Gun" shades. Perfect! ~A

Charity Brown said...

That's AWESOME!!! I know Tyler would be super jealous!!!

Mandy said...

That looks like so much fun! How far up were you flying?

Spencer T said...

We stayed under 12,500 ft. Provo is about 4,660. we were normally around 11,000. Around the top of Mount Timp