Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet, Seer, & Revelator


President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away Sunday night. He was the Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for almost thirteen years. He has always been one of my heroes. He led an exemplary, tireless life of service and I have always enjoyed his quick wit and humor. I appreciate his positive outlook on life. He has taught me to try a little harder and be a little better each day in all that I do.


One fond memory I have of him is when he came to our 4-Stake Youth Conference in Tulsa, OK when I was 16 and I got to sit behind him on the stand. It was so wonderful to see him in person and be so close to one of the Lord's Prophets! It was great to feel the amazing spirit he brought with him that day and as he came in and the entire congregation sang "We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet," I again felt the confirmation of the Holy Spirit that he indeed was a Prophet of God. I am grateful that we have a modern day prophet to guide and direct us, just as the ancient prophets of scripture. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He leads our church, as the name beholds. I am so happy to have this knowledge and am thankful for the peace and happiness and direction that this gospel brings to my life and my family.


Gordon B. Hinckley was a remarkable man of faith. We love him and he will be missed and forever remembered.
For more information, go to

No comments: