My name is
ADELAIDE
My mom's name is
KELLY
but I call her
MOMMY
She weighs
30 POUNDS
She is
2 YEARS OLD
She looks the prettiest
WHEN SHE EATS
She loves
PRINCESS
She doesn't like
SPIDER
If I could get her anything for Mother's day it would be
FLOWER
She actually did get me a flower! Its a homemade flower that she made from (I think) a tie-dyed paper towel and pink ribbon. I think its awesome and she did a good job! The kids have such creative teachers. So cute and thoughtful.
Our speakers today in sacrament meeting talked about how mothers teach of Jesus Christ. They were very good and really uplifting. I thought a lot about myself as a mother and hope that my kids realize that I have a knowledge that Jesus is the Christ and I am trying to be like Him. We talk about Jesus a lot and its wonderful to see them developing testimonies of their own. I am so thankful for my mother and her good example. She continues to teach me about the Savior and I'm thankful that she has always shown such great faith.
I'm so glad to be a mom. Its very fulfilling and rewarding to me. I love my kids so much and am so thankful for each of them. They weren't easy to come by and its proving once again very hard to get pregnant and have more. One day more will come and whenever is fine. I'm just so glad for the two amazing ones I do have. My friends who don't yet have children, I yearn for them and hope their prayers will be answered soon. I've always wondered why good couples who want kids so bad struggle to get them. Everything comes in its own time I guess and Heavenly Father knows best. I do know He is aware of me and my family and I am so glad for the ways in which He blesses us so much! Happy Mother's Day!
"Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to angels."
-Russell M. Nelson
8 comments:
I love that little Adelaide!
I shared that quote from Nelson in my Young Women's lesson today, it is a good one.
Happy Mother's Day!
Those were some great answers! What a fun idea! Happy Mother's Day, Kelly!
Happy happy mothers day, friend!!! Miss you!!! Love ya!
Oh my goodness, Adelaide is the SWEETEST ever!!!! 30 pounds?! Girl, go eat a burger!!! :)
Happy Mother's Day, Kelly!! You're such a great mom and wonderful friend. Hope you got pampered this weekend!!!
Haha that is awesome. Oh how I miss your kids! I love you Kelly! Let's chat again soon, k?
Love it! Rose had a similar thing too :) but yours was way more fun. I wish I looked prettiest when I ate!
hilarious card! Addi is so funny!
I'm sure it is frustrating to not have things working out on your time table. i'm glad you are able to find comfort in putting your faith in God's time table.
So funny! My favorite is "she looks prettiest when she eats!" We need to get together....road trip!
Post a Comment