Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Luckiest

While i'm sure Ben Folds really thinks he is, i'll take exemption with his claim that he is the luckiest. Here's just a few reasons why i am the luckiest:
  • I have the most engaging, beautiful and amazing family a man could ask for.
  • I have the most devoted, caring, loving, and capable wife on the face of the earth.
  • I have everything i need, and everything i want.
  • My children are so obedient, so loving, and so fun.
  • Even in his health trials and other problems Gorden has the ability to light up a room just by being there, his countenance is glowing and his excitement is infectious.
  • Adelaide is so talented, she speaks well for her age, she loves deeply (like her mother), and she has exceptional balance and body control for her age.
  • I'm surrounded by some of the greatest people that i have ever known. The people at BYU and especially in my ward are a collection of the brightest, most capable, and committed people in the world.
  • I am blessed to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
  • I am blessed to know that Jesus Christ lives, and loves me.
  • I am confident in my relationships with my family, my neighbors, my friends, and my Savior.
Perhaps what separates me from other lucky people, or those who feel that they are in my position of living such a blessed life, is the fact that i have done nothing to earn any of my bounty. i am the luckiest, because, regardless of my inadequacy, i have everything i could ever need or want.

2 comments:

Katy said...

this was really wonderful to read, it really made me pause and think of the reasons that i feel I'M lucky too... thanks for that!

AmyCurtis said...

I don't know if I agree with the part about you doing nothing to deserve your blessings -- I think you have lived in a way that the Lord COULD give you those great blessings. But I also am with you knowing that He blesses us MORE than we deserve. I feel the same. Sam and I miss you guys!