Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Copy Cat

Adelaide and Gorden are quite the pair. They love to be together and when one of them is doing something hilarious the other quickly copies it. There are probably countless examples I could give... I probably should write them down more often. Today, though, Adelaide is sitting in the middle of the living room in a kitchen chair minding her own business, and out of the blue Gorden takes a big drink of water and comes up beside her and spits it all over the side of her face/ear/hair. It really caught her off guard and was actually really funny to see her expression and how she just sat there frozen. Well of course we don't condone spitting around here (although Gorden really wishes we did because he thinks its a blast!) so he had to apologize and got sent to time out (which actually hasn't happened in a very long time). While he was in time out he asked to go to the bathroom, so of course I let him. Then he went back to sit down in the hall in "the spot." So it was kind of a while it seemed, until he could go play again.

Well Adelaide was still kind of doing her own thing, and then when Gorden was finished in time out he went to sit in the kitchen chair in the middle of the living room. (I'm not sure why the chair was there....) Then a couple minutes later Adelaide comes out of nowhere and takes a big drink of water and spits it in Gorden's face! I don't know why and I shouldn't have been but I was really surprised! You would think that by her watching him get in trouble for spitting and her hearing me talk to him about it, that she would know better (not that today was the first time spitting occurred around here). Maybe she just wanted to get him back. She continues to have no problem going to time out when she does something wrong. She actually is really a good girl and doesn't go very often at all, but I sometimes wonder if its punishment enough for her.

On a side note, today Adelaide was sitting in my lap as I was sorting through pictures of Gorden's valentine's party at preschool last month, and there were several pictures where he was making faces at other kids while they goofed around, or I caught him talking during the picture, etc. I noticed that Adelaide was copying the faces he made in the pictures. She was doing all sorts of wierd things just because she saw him doing it. So cute! She just thinks he's the greatest.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

what a great story!

Liz Wilcken said...

I know what you mean about time-outs not seeming like a punishment. Ben was the same way. It didn't phase him. So instead, I started putting his favorite toys in time-out for the day.

Your kids are such great kids!

AmyCurtis said...

Hah! I like Adelaide, she cracks me up! Gorden always seemed like an angel in Primary -- I'm glad to see he has a rebelious side =)

Mary said...

Remind me that if I ever make it to your house in Utah, don't sit in a kitchen chair in the middle of the living room ... dangerous! Too cute.

Jeff said...

That's hilarious! It's too bad that some of the funniest things are things that shouldn't happen and the kids have to be punished for. We really miss you guys. We'll see you soon.