Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Quit

I've decided to no longer post my thoughts on our family blog. I think most of our readers are Kelly's friends and have little interest in what i have to say. I would probably rather see pictures of my kids than read about politics, sports or other current events too, so i don't blame you. I hope that your disinterest in me or my thoughts isn't an indicator of a more general disinterest in politics. Most of you are mothers. Many of you are Mormons. In America we have the privilege of having a say in what happens in our society via our democratic government. It's true that your one vote will make little difference. That is why you have to help influence others that share your values to vote to preserve those values. That is why my brother and I (and maybe a friend) have started a political blog (link on the left). I would love for you to visit and send your friends. If you feel like we do or differently we'd love to have you join the discussion. We want it to be a resource for people to make well informed political decisions. If you like it, please link it on your blog so that we can get all those blog-stalkers to stop by and read a post or two. The idea is that together we can make a difference. I'll leave the politics there, so that if you hate seeing those posts here you can just come and see pics of my cute kids. If you like to read my thoughts or have an article as a resource for your own political discussion please stop on by and feel free to comment and join the discussion. the link is boomharangue.wordpress.com

5 comments:

Katy said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I really really really loved your blogs, Spencer-- for a couple reasons: it's ALWAYS refreshing to get the hubby's point of view- and very well said, AND I use you as ammo for my hubby, "Look, T, someone else's husband helps out on the family blog"

anyway, I'll be adding you to my googlereader list. however I took off my large link list from my blog since mine is read by literally so many people I don't know of-- including a few French, Korean, Canadian and German readers-- I have a live feed gadget on my blog) I know this isn't too big of a deal, but I am pretty protective of my friends' privacy and I know how easy it is to just surf all the blogs at one's own pleasure.


bottom line: I'll follow your poli-blog, but we still wanna hear what you have to say once in a while!

Liz Wilcken said...

I love it too! You can't leave. Maybe copy and paste your posts?!!! Maybe I don't comment on those because I like to ponder on the things you say :)

Lanelle said...

NO! I love to read what you have to say especially about your family! I think I too refrain from a comment because I am just soaking it in! I am sorry if you feel dis't I LOVE YOU BRO!

Ashlee said...

I have to agrees with the others. It was nice to get a good perspective on things that I don't usually think about but that I find important. I will be reading your new blog though.

Liz Wilcken said...

Kelly, just in case you forgot the name of the webpage for scrapbooking it's: www.scrapblog.com :)