So the first day of Preschool comes and I take him and walk him inside to find his teacher/class in the cafeteria where all the kids meet. When I come back to pick him up, Gorden sees me and turns and walks the other way! It was really wierd. It was actually kind of embarrassing because his teacher and her two aides each saw. Then Miss Trisha told me that he said he wants to ride the bus. All but two other kids had gotten on the busses. There are only THREE kids whose parents pick them up! I went and found Gorden and asked him if he wanted to ride the bus and if that's why he wasn't coming with me, and he said he did. So I convinced him to go home with me that day since I had already driven our car and we had to take it home. That made sense to him, but he didn't like it. So we went to the office and filled out the bus slip for him to ride. They said it'd take a couple of days to process so he wouldn't be able to ride the next day but by Monday it should be fine. The next day when I came to pick him up we found out which bus will be his and met the driver and got on for a minute to see other other kids and the seatbelts and all that. He was excited about it! Then we followed the bus on its entire route until Gorden's stop, so that he would be familiar with everywhere it was going to go before he got to his house. There's about a 10-12 minute ride before his stop. The next day the driver called me to tell me where to drop him off and what time, and I told her he'd just be riding one way and that I was going to take him to school until he was okay with everything (until I was okay with everything!). (The pick up and drop off drivers and bus numbers are different.)
These are just a few pictures I took one day walking home.
6 comments:
buses have seat belts now? I'd like to see a pic of the other side of the cape!
So adorable! I can't believe he wanted to do that all by himself! He is growing up :(
It made me almost cry just thinking about my babies getting on a bus for the first time! I can't immagine how you felt! Good job getting pics of it all!
wow! Not only am I amazed at Gorden's lack of bus fear, but I'm AMAZED at the way the bus system seems to take special care of your kids! Seat belts? Calling to tell you where to drop off? Greeting with an introduction? Sounds like they are doing a great job with these lil guys and gals! I'm sure that is reassuring.
haha i totally thought of forrest gump too! and thats so awesome that he is trying and doing no things! what a brave little dude! :D
Oh boy, Gorden is GROWING up!!! He's such a great little guy! I'm really happy about how awesome the bus drivers are... it's amazing!!
Post a Comment