Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's Always Fun When Rifka Comes to Town!

Each summer that we've been here in Utah my sister Rifka has been able to come spend some time at our house and every year we look forward to it and love it. This year was super short so we just saw her a couple of days before and after EFY. It was, however, just as fun and pretty eventful still!

Cookout in our backyard
Rifka & Nick

Greg


Scott

Gorden running in his "2 Fast 4 You" shirt - he loves this one! He says this all the time. The other day he and I were racing down the hill from behind our house and he beat me to the porch and turned around, pointed at me, and said, "To fast for YOU!"



Jared & Courtney, still pregnant with baby Noah at this point


Thursday night Jared was telling us how he still hasn't hiked the Y and he's about to move away from Provo. So he and Spencer decided they'd hike it Saturday morning right after we picked up Rifka from EFY. She was soo tired after a week of no sleep but was a really good sport!


Shortly after Jared got home from hiking, Courtney was admitted to the hospital and had baby Noah that night. Rifka and I went to their apartment to pack Courtney's bag and gather some things for the baby and then took it to the hospital, and while we were there she delivered!! Rifka and I actually WATCHED THE BIRTH from the hallway because there was a WINDOW IN THE OPERATING ROOM. I wasn't sure about watching a c-section at first because I've had two and will do it again some day and at the first sight of a bloody rag I had to turn my back. But about four minutes later I decided I'd look through the window again and like two seconds later I saw Noah's head. Then I was just fascinated so I kept staring and watched him come all the way out and the doctor clean out his nose and all that. AMAZING! I still can't believe I saw that happen and mostly that it was even possible. I've never heard of a window in the O.R.! Anyway, so yes Rifka's trip was pretty eventful. We took her to the airport the next morning and now she's off in China livin' it up for three weeks in Shanghai!! Lucky girl! We had fun here though!

4 comments:

Winters Outloud said...

Question: Is the hike okay for kids? We've wanted to take Vinnie but wondered~

Mary said...

Wow. You SAW A C-SECTION! I don't have words ...

Oh yes, you made me want Rifka to make to my house to visit, even though I've never met her AND I really have an itch to hike the Y again. :)

The Duckworth Family said...

rifka has really become quite the beautiful young lady! I remember when her and becca were babies! How fun to have seen them both grow up to YOung Women. And how fun to have her out there with you! I always have wanted Becca to visit...not happened yet!

And yay for Jared and Coutney! And fun for you to witness that. I love that whole process...so wonderful and amazing and what a wonderful time to feel so close to Heaven!

Courtney said...

wow, I just checked your blog for the first time in a while- great pictures!!! and I still can't believe you saw my c-section!!!!!