Sunday, August 24, 2008

I love food.

As most of you know, i like food. You can see that pretty plainly if you know me. So i saw a post on my friend Casey's blog of his ten favorite foods. His were way more interesting, but i thought it gives great insight into who someone is if you can see their ten favorite anything. i asked myself if i had to eat the same ten things for the rest of my life what would they be. So here goes (but not in any real order).

1. Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk. I dip my cookies.
2. Grilled Salmon with a brown sugar teryaki glaze.
3. Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwich. This has to be Memphis Style (with slaw on top).
4. New York Style Cheesecake. I like it plain, but i prefer a raspberry or blackberry sauce. (the pic looks like cherry, i like that too.)
5. Kolashampan. Not a cola. Not champagne. It's made from a Salvadorean fruit. Best soda ever!
6. Cajun Ribeye. No explanation needed, however, i love all steaks, and almost all Cajun food.
7. BBQ Baby Back Ribs
8. Lime-Coconut Slushy from Sonic. You have to special order it and you have to tell them to use the white coconut flavor, b/c the blue coconut's no good.
9. Storck Chocolate Riesens
10. Pupusas. Another Salvadorean masterpiece. I like them with just salsa, but Salvadoreans eat them topped with Curtido (pickled cabbage and carrot) and salsa.

8 comments:

Jeff said...

Thanks Spencer, I will have to do this on my blog too.

Anonymous said...

WHAT! No Veggies? You should always eat your veggies! I love you! and very insightful!-Nelle

Elizabeth said...

yum! that all sounds so good!

Liz Wilcken said...

Amen to #3!!! I have to have mine with slaw too! It tastes sooo much better that way. I think Brian thinks I'm crazy, but hey, it's what we southerns do. Do you put chili and slaw on your hot dogs too?

Josh said...

love BBQ. but, i prefer the chopped pork common in the southeast, especially NC. here's a website for you:

http://www.northcarolinatravels.com/food/barbecue/index.htm

btw-don't ever get the "carolina pulled pork" at goodwood at university mall... nasty.

Casey Redd Kennington said...

Chocolate Chip Cookies!! (notice the caps) I forgot those! I think you're on to something with these foods.

Laura said...

Your blog is one of my favorite to read because you guys always write about the most random stuff.:) Hope you are well!

S said...

?Y que te prefiere adentro de las pupusas? ~Amber