Saturday, July 19, 2008

Freedom Festival Parade

The Fourth of July was a fun day for us. First thing in the morning we went to the parade downtown. Our neighbors, Jeff & Whitney, invited us to spend the day with them. Part of their family tradition is going really early to reserve a spot on the parade route, so Jeff & Spencer camped out downtown on our air mattress. We had a great location and loved the parade. The kids thought it was great! I have a lot of pictures from the Fourth so I'll break it up by event.




Adelaide sat like this with her hand on Whitney's leg for a long time.
I thought it was just precious! She loves Whitney!!





This we'd never seen in a parade before but thought it was pretty funny. The entire Utah Provo Mission! Everyone just cheered and cheered for them. It was great. You can just barely see the car in front of all the missionaries; its the mission president and his wife.
There were amazing floats. People went to a lot of effort to make this parade really really good. I didn't get pictures of all of them but here is an example of the detail and creativity that went it to this. This float is the Primary Children's Hospital's. Our kids loved the big boat and we have a really special place in our heart for Children's hospitals after the times we've spent there in AR. They do some amazing work.
WE LOVE BYU!!

Gorden really likes Cosmo, the Cougar.


It was great to see the military men and women and all the US flags.

I love America. We are so blessed. I'm proud to be an American.

9 comments:

Jennica said...

Looks like you guys had sooooo much fun! I am glad your kids had fun at the parade...they are too CUTE!!! I love how each of them takes after one of you. =)

Mary said...

Cute pictures - I am glad you had a happy 4th!

Winters Outloud said...

I loved reading your 4th of July posts. Sounds like you had a blast! Love that first pict of Gorden on Spencer's shoulders.

Lanelle said...

SO good to see some posts! We miss you guys, wish you were a little closer to play with! :)

Katy said...

GREAT pictures!! YOu are a wonderful photographer!!! I love how cute the kids looked, very festive! Looks like a GREAT fourth!

Marium said...

Wow, that is one thing I do miss about Utah they do have some awesome parades. Cute pictures, looks like fun!!

Brittany H. said...

For all the years we've lived in Provo (6), I've never been to the parade! Looks like it's a blast, though! I can't wait to hang out with you guys again!

The Duckworth Family said...

Look at adelaide with her cute boy and bracelet! You go girl!

Charity Brown said...

I love the picture of Adelaide and the bracelet!!!