Friday, May 16, 2008

Adelaide Quirks



Recently we bought some new toothpaste and it happens to be a flip cap instead of a screw on cap. Today Adelaide came to me holding the new tube with the cap flipped open with toothpaste all over her hands. You're thinking its my fault, I know, for leaving it where she could get it. Really though, she has the longest arm span of any kid ever. I can not believe how far she can reach. (And yes I've learned my lesson about the flip cap kind. I didn't even think about that before.)



We had corn on the cob last night and Adelaide thought it was amazing. She absolutely loved holding her own and just went to town on it! She ate 3 halves and cried for more.





This afternoon we were on the playground out back and I looked over to see Adelaide sitting in the dirt by a tree, digging. Normal. She loves dirt. Two seconds later I look again and she is EATING MUD. She actually swallowed it. She saw me coming and it was like she had to hurry (and cringe) to get it down, but she did. I did wipe her tongue with the bottom of her shirt and she seemed to appreciate that.




Yesterday Adelaide said "Love you" to me in her unarticulate language. It was precious. She is saying at least one new word a day with a lot of clarity. Most of them have the S or Sh sound, so I was pretty surprised when she said I love you back to me after I told her. We went back and forth three times so I'm positive that's what it was. Its fun that she's starting to echo us. She's such a doll.

7 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Hey, there are some people who eat mud because they LIKE IT! They even know which color mud is the best. I've seen a woman eat one like a candy bar. YUCK!

Elizabeth said...

oh my gosh, that was so adorable!

Becki R said...

What a dollface! Seriously, isn't it amazing how even the young ones show their personalities at such a young age. She is going to give you guys a run for your money! :)

britt said...

TOO Cute!!!
I especially love the movie of her eating corn!!!

Lanelle said...

I love these pics of Adelaide! She is Darling.

Katy said...

AAAAA!!! She's so cute, I just wanna eat her up!!!! Love her love her love her!

Marium said...

She is such a doll. What is it with kids and dirt??