Thursday, March 13, 2008

Cuba

This is how you know the people in Cuba aren't happy. Soccer players in Latin America are like rock stars. They have a comparatively high standard of living. These were the best Cuba had to offer and they still bolted at the site of US soil. My favorite quote is "I watched their game against the U.S. on TV, and I thought the Cuban team played very well," Muzzi said. "We were kind of scouting that game because anytime a Cuban team comes to the United States, there's a chance someone might defect." That's pretty telling.

2 comments:

Becki R said...

Oh how much I love Latins! What an interesting story but it seriously doesn't shock me... You know things are bad when even if you are at the highest you can over there, you would give it all up to be at the bottom over here.

Spencer T said...

Just to clarify, i didn't mean this as a Latino thing, it was just illustrating the differences between Communist Cuba and the USA.