Well its been a week! First of all, last Tuesday, a week and a half ago, Adelaide started antibiotics for another ear infection.
Then Sunday she vomits all day long and we went through a jillion diapers.
On Monday, oh wow, we went through about 2 jillion diapers. (and almost every single pair of pants that she has!) Monday night I take her back to the Pediatrician and he thinks we can stop the antibiotic since its been 6 days and is very hard on her stomach, (and the infection is gone) and that she also has some sort of bug.
Tuesday night, Gorden throws up a few times. (Each time he woke up, Adelaide woke up too, except she was laughing and thought it was playtime or something. That was a long night.)
Then Wednesday Spencer takes Adelaide to the ENT and the doc says she needs tubes. Surgery is set for this Tuesday morning at 7:30. (Outpatient procedure: should be about a 5 min thing, well, plus check in, wait around, recovery, etc..... maybe a couple hours at best.)
Wednesday night we all go to Spencer's intermural game, and about 15 minutes in he gets knocked down, and someone's knee goes into Spencer's cheek and slams his head into the floor. So he blacks out and lays there for a little bit, then comes to, walks himself to the sidelines, and sits out the rest of the game. He's pretty dizzy and disoriented for at least 45 minutes. After about half an hour he called me over to where he was and was asking me questions. He had no idea how he'd gotten there, what happened, why he felt the way he did (in crazy amounts of pain!), what he'd done that day, that week, what season it was, what classes he's taking, all kinds of things. So I tell him everything, then 5 minutes later he asks again. And then again.
So fast forward to today, he is super tired and still not recalling everything that's somewhat recent, as in this semester. He still has a ton of pain in his head, cheek, neck, etc. Also somehow that night at the game he developed an awful cough, which the doctor said is not good at all since he has a concussion. So we're trying to supress the cough with DM and he's taking Ibuprofen for pain (it works a little he says) and he's trying to rest but its not great sleep because his head hurts so bad. Today he was really really dizzy for a few hours, which makes him kind of disoriented and confused. He's pretty nauseous off and on. But he will be okay eventually and the doctor feels like there shouldn't be any long term effects unless things get worse than they are now, and then he wants to do a CAT scan. Spencer goes back in on Wednesday for a follow up appt, and obviously the intermural season for him is over.
So, Gorden is doing great and Adelaide is doing much better. They both have their appetites back and are keeping things down. No one ever had a fever so that's great. Gorden frequently complains of a stomach ache, but he was doing that before Adelaide even got sick so we're not sure what that's about. Today we were at the mall with our neighbors and suddenly he stops and says, "My Body!" (What? What about your BODY?) I impressed myself and actually didn't laugh out loud at him for saying that! I still can't figure it out though. Do kids get growing pains? I think he may be going through a growth spurt. A few days ago he kept telling me his legs hurt. I never could figure out why. He usually tells us if he "bonked" something.
So all in all, we're okay around here. We're glad the sun has been out so much this week. The kids and I have been outside to play a few times. We had a lot of fun in the snow but its nice to see the grass now. They are loving it. Spencer is hanging in there. Poor guy. I know he feels awful and he hasn't complained about a thing! He even helps around the house still. Today I picked up a note from his doctor that excuses him from his tests this week and next and whatever other homework there is. He's trying to study still and has been to class but its nice to not have to worry about deadlines this week. Since he can't remember everything, he doesn't know what he doesn't know!
Well this is becoming quite a bit longer than I intended, so I'll be done. Next week will surely be better. =)
4 comments:
Wow, rough week! I sure hope it gets better for you next week. Good luck with the tubes surgery. By the way, Lincoln frequently gets leg cramps and growing pains. I had never had anything like that growing up, but Levi said that he had all the time. I'm sorry about Spencer, head injuries are pretty scarey.
Wow! I can't believe all the stuff you've had to go through this week. I guess when it rains, it pours, right? I hope everyone feels better soon and that Spencer's injury isn't too severe.
What a week! I hope you all are doing better very soon!
Oh my goodness!! Well you will all be in our prayers! Hopefully you all get better soon! Good luck with everything and you take care of yourself too!!!
Post a Comment