Saturday, December 1, 2007

Syl Syl

This week my sweet little Adelaide has been sick. My kids get sick with the best of them. She had some gunk coming out of her eye, fever, massive diaper rash, and a general ill feeling which she expresses through crying and sometimes yelling. She's so sweet that it stinks to see her sick. It just makes you so sad. She's been to the Doctor and seems to be doing much better. Funny thing, at least to me, is that the Doctor said to give her children's ibuprofen. I guess its funny because she's not even a year old yet and Gorden couldn't have children's anything until well after we moved to UT. She's huge (but still ladylike)! Gorden and Adelaide have been so different in so many ways. They're both really nice though. It's funny how, as a parent, kids can make you love them for things you couldn't have ever predicted and how they constantly change but you just love them more with every change. We're pretty lucky parents. There's just like a week and change left of classes. I'm not sure whether to be more excited or more nervous. Either way I'm hope it all comes out alright. Quick update: this makes two more weeks of working out. Thanksgiving week i missed t-day, and let hiking take the workout's place on wed. but I've been good this week and seem to be hitting my goals. I also found that in a typical human being you have to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound of fat. Better start burning! Before i waste away here's ten things i think i think:
  1. I think the worst part about working overnight is the groggy feeling you get the next day (even when you've had enough sleep).
  2. I think the Patriots have as good a chance as any team I've ever seen of going undefeated.
  3. I think the CNN/YouTube debate is a fun format. I'm not sure why the terribly liberal Anderson Cooper was moderating a republican debate, but i like the format. Also, no one really separated themselves with their performance (other than Giuliani saying he doesn't believe the Bible, and then showing with his follow-up that he doesn't read it either).
  4. I think anyone that's watched Tim Tebow and Darren McFadden both play would vote McFadden for Heisman. If Tebow wins it'll be because the numbers, not because he's exciting to watch.
  5. I think that picking your nose should be socially acceptable in the west. It's so dry out here that it doesn't even matter if you blow your nose because those booger rocks are not coming out. The only way to get them is to pick, sometimes chisel them out. You always try to wait till you're alone and no one's watching but it sure would make life more comfortable if we could all just pick our nose without having to worry what people might think. And just in case you're wondering, i know you pick your nose if you live in UT. or you're some kind of genetic freak. Or you've lived here so long that your nose can somehow release loads of moisture into your mucus membranes. Not me. I don't mind Utah but sometimes i just want some humidity so i can just blow my nose. So next time you see me I'll be staring off into space and then I'll chuckle a little under my breath... That's when you'll know I'm picturing you, picking your nose, and thinking how great it would be if we all could remove our encrusted mucus membranes from our nasal cavities without becoming social outcasts.
  6. I think if i still have friends after that last thought it will be a miracle. Also I'm certain less people will be shaking my hands now, which would be very funny (i wash them quite frequently). Also, I'm sure Kelly'll be really embarrassed when she reads this and she might even remove/edit it for me, so if you're lucky you'll get to it before she does.
  7. I think Pork should have it's own Holiday. Turkey gets all the glory with turkey-day and being in Christmas carols (see The Christmas Song), but what would you do without Ham on Christmas or Easter. Thanksgiving gets called Turkey Day all the time, so why can't we take some lesser holiday like Labor day and just eat some pork. We could call it "Pig Meat Day", or "Pork's Day", or "Take That Turkey For Stealing All The Spotlight Day". Somehow we've got to make Turkey jealous, i mean don't you think it's about time we let Turkey know that it's not the only one we love on the Holidays?
  8. I think that if thought 5 didn't get them, then thought 7 most assuredly lost me the rest of my friends.
  9. I think KNWA News did some shoddy reporting with the whole Tuberville to Fayetteville blunder, it still may come to pass but you can't go out on a whim if you care to be a responsible journalism outlet.
  10. I think Hugo Chavez, President (soon-to-be-Dictator) of Venezuela is a Psychopath. Who makes an initiative to stop term limits except for Power Hungry Psychopaths? I think that should be a new appellation for guys like him and Kim-Jung Il. You know, like how lawyers and doctors have their atty. or their MD.... we could have Hugo Chavez, PHP... or Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, PHP. I think it has a nice ring. That will now be an official title on the Tonkeykong blog.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I love how you posted your comments at 2:30 in the morning! That kinda explains why they are so weird! I hope lady gets better soon! She has had a ruff 1st year!

In Touch said...

Wow, I know where to turn for a good laugh. Seriously though about the nose picking thing. The dryness of the west might kill me this summer. Hopefully I will have some skin leftover by spring. I am so glad I found your blog (or you found mine) Its really fun to be in touch with some native Arkansans. We just went there for Thanksgiving. It was fun to watch the Ark vs. LSU game.

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Hey Tompkins fam! Good to see you on blogger...we just got a blog so stop by sometime! jaredandabby.blogspot.com...see you around the neighborhood :)
Jared and Abby Jones