Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Halloween





Last weekend we went to the church for a halloween party and Trunk or Treat. Gorden loved it. Although, it took hours to convince him to wear a costume. It was just a Batman cape over regular clothes but he just insisted "Mommy wear it." It didn't matter to us if he was in costume or not but I kept asking him periodically if he wanted to put it on because I just kept thinking he would change his mind. He didn't until all the kids went outside to get the candy from the cars, after the games and everything. It was fun though.



Spencer took a lot of pride in the candy apple he made. He and a friend took a lot of time to make theirs "perfect!" The pictures don't do justice for how yummy it was. Several layers of chocolate, caramel, white chocolate... I don't even know what else. I think its lastly covered in oreo. It was tasty!




On Wednesday I took the kids trick or treating while Spencer was busy in the kitchen making the Tompkins traditional Homemade Bagels and Chicken Noodle Soup. Soo good! He did fantastic as always! Everything was perfect and super yummy! We had several families over and had a great night.







1 comment:

Melea said...

Wow! That apple looks absolutely delicious! Maybe Spencer should start making them on the side and selling them. Honestly, it looks professionally done and I don't even eat sweets! And your kids are super cute. I love their costumes. All the pictures makes me miss Wymount. Oh, quick question, has April had her baby yet?